Inventory Threshold Notification
This notification type can be used for sending email alerts whenever a quantity, weight, etc, of an inventory, goes above or below a defined limit.
Setting up or modifying the notification
To set it up, go to the Manage Inventory table > Options > Notifications.
On the Notifications page, choose Threshold.
Choose who should receive the email notifications.
- You can enter the email addresses, under the “The following email addresses” section, if the recipients are the same for all the inventories.
- If the recipients are different for specific inventories, then you need to have their emails recorded on the inventory’s record. To do so, you need a Data Capture field with the Answer Type set to either “Email”, “Select” or “Hidden”. For “Select” or “Hidden” Answer Types, specify the email address in the Options section of the Data Capture settings. “Hidden” Answer Type, can only have one email address, whereas “Select” can have multiple emails defined, but only one will be chosen when filling out the forms.
Choose the data capture field where the quantity limits are recorded.
Choose the condition that should trigger the alert. For example, when quantity is less than the limit.
- Less Than condition means – a notification will be sent each time the Quantity is less than the Threshold.
- Less Than Once condition means – a notification will be sent, only one time, when the Quantity is less than the Threshold.
- Equal To condition means – a notification will be sent each time the Quantity is equal to the Threshold.
- More Than condition means – a notification will be sent each time the Quantity is more than the Threshold.
- More Than Once condition means – a notification will be sent, only one time, when the Quantity is more than the Threshold.
Choose the data capture field where the current quantity levels are recorded.
Compose the message. Use the placeholders if necessary.
Enabling or disabling the notification
Indicate if the notifications should be sent or not. This setting is what you would also use to turn the notifications on or off.
If you have enabled Push Notifications, you can receive alerts on the desktop or mobile devices simply by setting up a conditional alert that compares, for example, a Quantity field and a Re-order field.
If you have set up webhooks, just like with Push notifications, you can be notified when one field you are comparing is less than another.
As with this notification type, the data is sent to your server, you can then have the server do other things such as to notify other platforms, place orders, etc.