Connecting to other platforms and apps
A Zap is an automated workflow that connects your apps and services together. Every Zap consists of a trigger step (“when this happens…”) and one or more action steps (“then do this…”). When you turn your Zap on, Zapier will run the action steps every time the trigger event occurs. Learn more about them here.
Ventipix Asset & Inventory Manager platform offers multiple triggers that can be used to automate tasks.
These triggers include:
- Threshold Alerts – these will be triggered when quantity, weight, etc falls below a nominated value. Once triggered an action can automatically take place such as placing a new purchase order or sending an email alert.
- Surplus/Overstock Alerts – these will be triggered when quantity, weight, etc goes above a nominated value. Once triggered, an action can occur automatically such as an inventory transfer.
- Expiry Alerts – these will be triggered when an asset or inventory has an upcoming important date. Once triggered, an action can take place such as sending email notifications.
- Due or Overdue Alerts – these will be triggered when checked out assets are either due for returns or overdue. Once triggered, an action can take place such as sending email notifications or creating calendar schedules.
- Elapsed Duration Alerts – these will be triggered when a specific amount of time has passed since some event took place.
- Field Change Alerts – these will be trigged when a Data Capture custom field that you want to keep an eye on has been changed. For example when an asset’s status has changed or inventory location updated. Automatic actions e.g email notifications can be created to occur after such changes take place.
- New Activity Alerts – these will be triggered whenever a new activity takes place in your account such as when a new maintenance record is added.
In addition to having these triggers executed, Ventipix Asset & Inventory Manager also supports Zapier Actions. These actions enable you to automatically have records created on your account whenever a different action elsewhere takes place. For example, when updating a Google Sheet or Excel Online spreadsheet, the data from a spreadsheet row can automatically be used to create a new record in your account.